The Honda HRD 536 QX E lawn mower has a rear roller (for stripes on your lawn) and is part of the “Honda Premium” lawn mower range. It has a 53 cm (21 inch) width of cut and a powerful Honda 163 cc OHV engine. This model is self propelled. The Honda HRD 536 QX is a Honda lawn mower with a heavy duty cast aluminium deck, a height of cut that ranges between 14 – 52 mm with a single height adjustment lever at the back and one each at the front and a large 83 L canvas grass bag.
Honda HRD range
Hard working and tough lawnmowers which will give you a perfect finish every time. The HRD range is able to tackle anything. Fitted with an extra large 1.5 litre fuel tank, difficult cutting tasks on larger lawns are made effortless. You will love the expert handling and if you are serious about your lawn, this lawnmower will suit you down to the ground.
Honda HRD 536 QX OVERVIEW:
- Cutter Deck Size: 21″ / 53cm
- Garden Size: Large – Suitable for lawns up to 1,800m² (> 2 tennis courts)
- Deck Type: Cast Aluminium – This deck type offers exceptionally high strength to weight ratio and resistance to corrosion
- Transmission: Single Speed – This lawnmower will self propell itself at one speed
- Rear Roller: Yes – This lawnmower can achieve stripes on your lawn
- Rotostop: Yes – On this model you are able to stop the blades but leave the engine running
To view the 4 wheeled version then please visit Honda HRX 537 HY E Lawn Mower
Honda HRD 536 QX E Specification:
Cutter deck material Aluminium Driving speed (m/s) 1.2 Blade brake clutch Roto-stop® Mulching kit N/A Positions (mm) 5 Height adjustment points 4 Rear roller Yes Grass bag capacity (l) 83 Noise value (dB(A)) 98 Garden size Large Garden (> 2 tennis courts)
Dry weight (kgs) 53.5 Dimensions length (mm) 1655 Dimensions width (mm) 574 Dimensions height (mm) 1031
Cutter deck size (cm) 53 Cutting height adjustment (mm) 14-52
Engine OHV 4-stroke Engine Displacement (cc) 163 Engine model GXV 160 Enbgine rated power (kW/rpm) 2.7/2,800 Fuel tank capacity (L) 1.5 Transmission Single Speed
The Honda HRD 536 QX E comes with a 7 year domestic warranty (if serviced annually by a Honda dealership). Honda domestic lawn mowers are supported with one of the longest and most comprehensive warranties in the industry.
Please note this warranty covers manufacuring defects not wear and tear.
Why do we recommend Aspen fuel for lawn mowers?
Aspen fuel is chemically inert meaning that it will not break down, unlike normal petrol that starts to break down as soon as you put it in your tank. Your lawn mower will start easilywith Aspen even after the long winter break. Did you know that 1 hour of mowing your lawn with normal petrol emits roughly the same amount of toxic emissions as a modern car running for 300 hours! Aspen 4 reduces harmful hydrocarbons by 99 percent compared to pump unleaded. See Aspen fuels for more information.
At Masseys we would prefer to prevent problems rather than treat them. That is why we recommend a fuel stabiliser or Aspen fuel for all of our petrol lawn mowers – especially when petrol changes to the new E10 petrol.
Please use a fuel stabiliser or Aspen fuel with your lawn mower.
Fuel Stabiliser contains a carefully balanced formulation based on light hydrocarbon fractions and components specially selected for their performance enhancing properties:
- Prevents the degradation of fuel – fuel stays fresh for up to 2 years.
- Protects the fuel against oxidation.Prevents gum and varnish build up.
- Protects the engine and fuel system parts against rust and corrosion.
WHY DO I NEED TO USE FUEL STABILISER?
Modern petrol now typically contains 5% ethanol. Ethanol readily bonds with atmospheric moisture creating an ethanol-water mix and this oxidisation creates what is known as stale fuel.
As fuel oxidises it can turn to gum and clog jets and other openings in the fuel system. Gummed up carburettors cause serious problems in power equipment such as lawn mowers that see intermittent use or have long periods of storage. This problem would not be covered under warranty.
Ethanol blended fuel is also a corrosive substance that can cause the gradual destruction of the metal used in the fuel systems of outdoor power equipment (particularly soft metals such as brass and aluminium). Ethanol also absorbs water, drawing it into the fuel mixture. Water is highly corrosive and when ethanol and water combine it can cause performance problems and fuel system damage.
Good quality fuel stored in an airtight container should stay stable, not oxidise and stay fresh. However the typical fuel tank of a lawn mower isn’t ideal for storing fuel. It isn’t 100% airtight, so fuel will oxidise in the tank, and over time (as little as 30 days) will go stale.
What is Aspen fuel and why do we recommend it?
There are many reasons why people choose to use Aspen in their garden machinery.
All of these benefits contribute to a better all-round experience whilst using your machinery, making your gardening easier and more enjoyable.
- No expensive repair bills caused by stale fuel
- Your machine always starts and is ready to go, even after long standstill periods
- Lasts for years without deterioration
- Aspen does not contain ethanol
- Virtually odourless
- Less maintenance and a longer machine life
- Available in a conveniently sized container
- Premixed 2-stroke eliminates the need to mix yourself
- Easy to select the correct fuel using the coloured cans and coloured reminder stickers on your machine
- Protects your health and the environment