Miracle-Gro EverGreen Fast Grass Lawn Seed contains Headstart® Gold, a revolutionary grass seed coating that ensures rapid 4 day germination. It is a professional grade seed for superior results which are suitable for all lawn types.
How to use
Create a new lawn or fill in a bare patch
- Remove all weeds and stones.
- Turn the soil over to a depth of 15-22cm (6-9in).
- Level and firm by either treading or using a roller.
- Shake box to re-mix seed.
- You need 30g per square meter (1oz/sq.yd). For a visual guide, apply to a measured area first.
- Create a criss-cross pattern, by sowing half the seed from left to right and the rest from top to bottom.
- Gently rake in, then tread or roll seed into the soil.
- Unless it rains, soak with a fine spray and keep the soil moist for the next few weeks.
- The grass can be trimmed when it is 5-8cm (2-3in).
- Each time you mow, lower blade height a level until its at 2.5cm (1in).
- Do not cut more than a ⅓ off the growth at any one point.
How to overseed an existing lawn
- Prepare the lawn by mowing it short, raking out dead grass, moss and debris.
- Apply a lawn dressing, such as Miracle-Gro EverGreen Lawn Dressing.
- In dry conditions, moisten the lawn.
- Sprinkle a small handful of seed for each square meter (20g).
- Lightly rake the seed into the lawn.
- Unless it rains, soak with a fine spray and keep soil moist for the next few weeks.
Application by spreader
Use our easy-to-use spreader settings table to set Scotts® and EverGreen® spreaders correctly when using our products.
Where to use
For use on lawns requiring rapid germination.
How often to apply
Apply as required.