Miracle-Gro EverGreen Multi Purpose Lawn Seed 1.6kg is a quality lawn seed for hard-wearing lawns. Allows for faster germination with superior results in 5 days and is Ideal for over-seeding, or creating a new lawn.
Use – March through to September
How to use
Create a new lawn or fill in a bare patch
- Remove all weeds and stones.
- Turn the soil over to a depth of 15-22cm (6-9in).
- Level and firm by either treading or using a roller.
- Shake box to re-mix seed.
- You need 30g per square meter (1oz/sq.yd). For a visual guide, apply to a measured area first.
- Create a criss-cross pattern, by sowing half the seed from left to right and the rest from top to bottom.
- Gently rake in, then tread or roll seed into the soil.
- Unless it rains, soak with a fine spray and keep the soil moist for the next few weeks.
- The grass can be trimmed when it is 5-8cm (2-3in).
- Each time you mow, lower blade height a level until its at 2.5cm (1in).
- Do not cut more than a ⅓ off the growth at any one point.
How to overseed an existing lawn
- Prepare the lawn by mowing it short, raking out dead grass, moss and debris.
- Apply a lawn dressing, such as Miracle-Gro EverGreen Lawn Dressing.
- In dry conditions, moisten the lawn.
- Sprinkle a small handful of seed for each square meter (25g).
- Lightly rake the seed into the lawn.
- Unless it rains, soak with a fine spray and keep soil moist for the next few weeks.
Application by spreader
Use our easy-to-use spreader settings table to set Scotts® and EverGreen® spreaders correctly when using our products.
Where to use
For hard-wearing lawns.
How often to apply
Apply as required.
Use plant protection products safely. Always read the label and product information before use.
Q1: What grass seed is in the box?
A1: There is a mixture of dwarf perennial rye grass and fine fescues for a hard wearing lawn.
Q2: Can I use my lawn spreader to sow the seed?
A2: Use our easy-to-use spreader settings table to set Scotts® and EverGreen® spreaders correctly when using our products.
Q3: I have sown the grass seed which is coming up but there are weeds growing as well, why?
A3: The weeds that have appeared in your new lawn are commonly occurring, opportunistic species. Such weeds often come up on newly disturbed soil, where they can rapidly colonise and establish themselves. They will have originated from seed which has lain dormant in the soil, possibly for many years, or from weed seed that may have been wind-blown, or introduced by birds. Most of them will be annual weeds and with regular mowing they will die off. All grass seed is examined for purity before it is released for sale and there will not be other.
Q4: How do I sow the seed?
A4: Kill off any grass and weeds. Remove dead vegetation, roots and stones. Loosen the soil with a fork. Rake flat and leave a few days to settle. Rake again and sow seed at 30gm/sqm and rake into surface of the soil. Water and keep moist until established. Do not go on holiday.
Q5: How do I over-seed a lawn?
A5: Mow the lawn short, rake out any dead grass etc. Spread and rake Miracle-Gro EverGreen Lawn Dressing thinly over the lawn and sprinkle 25gms/sqm of seed evenly across the lawn and rake it in. Water in with a fine spray and keep moist until the grass has established.
Q6: Is EverGreen Multi Purpose Grass Seed suitable for a shady area?
A6: Yes, it will grow but we suggest using Miracle-Gro EverGreen Shady Lawn Seed because it contains a blend of fescues and browtop bents that will produce a better lawn to withstand shady conditions.