- POWERED BY STIGA WITH AN ST500 452CC ENGINE
- 98CM CUTTING WIDTH
- HYDROSTATIC TRANSMISSION
- SEVEN CUTTING HEIGHT POSITIONS, 25-80MM
- MULCHING PLUG INCLUDED
- THE 1538H IS BACKED UP WITH A FIVE-YEAR EXTENDED WARRANTY.* (T&CS APPLY).
The Mountfield 1538H Lawn Tractor has a large 240 litre grass box and can be emptied from the driving seat using a simple lever. The blades are engaged by a switch on the dashboard and the blades are un-timed blades to allow the tractor to mow over rougher ground without any overlap.
Power, reliability, a 98cm cutting width, hydrostatic transmission and an option to collect or mulch the clippings – the 1538H is a superb garden tractor.
Utilising the 452cc Powered by STIGA ST 500 engine and hydrostatic transmission, this is a slick and efficient garden tractor. Visibility is crystal clear from the driver’s seat and the high-performance twin cutter deck always produces a neat finish to your lawn.
Cuttings can either be collected in the cavernous 240-litre collection container at the rear of the garden tractor or, after fitting the mulching plug supplied with the garden tractor, can be finely cut as you mow and redistributed back onto the lawn surface. They then rot down to release valuable nutrients back into the soil meaning that you won’t waste time having to clear or empty clippings.
Add a towing hitch and open-up a whole new and exciting world of accessories and activities for you and your garden tractor. This is a wonderful garden tractor for lawns up to around two acres and for gardeners wanting the easiest of mowing sessions.
Click to see our full range of Mountfield lawn tractors.
Mountfield 1538H Lawn Tractor Specification
Lawn Tractors – Best Practice
1. Always use a fuel additive
Fuel properties, which make up what we know as petrol, can begin to deteriorate in as little as 30 days after the refining process. The use of a fuel stabiliser is imperative to a fuel system that does not get used on a daily basis. Issues that are presented because of fuel degradation, are issue that are not covered under the warranty guidelines for the engine.
Step 1: Add fuel treatment according to instructions
Step 2: Run engine for 2 minutes to circulate stabiliser through the fuel system
Step 3: Store lawn mower or equipment in clean, dry place for up to 24 months
2. The battery must be trickle charged for 48 – 72 hours at the start of EVERY season and ideally every 3 months. A battery has a 12 month warranty.
3. When you feel that your lawnmower has performed for a minimum of fifty hours it is a good idea to drain and replace the engine oil. Always remember to check your manual and refer to the specific oil recommendations.